[geeks] Bloodshed C++

Michael A. Turner mturner at whro.org
Fri Mar 8 10:22:31 CST 2002

	It's better because if you do a search on download.com for c++
compilers when you cannot connect to school one late night to get a project
worked on, bloodshed is what comes back as the result :-) . Never heard of
mingw until you just mentioned it, a glance at the homepage just now makes
it look like it is probably equivilant.

	Just downloaded and looked at it. Mingw seems more true to g++'s
spirit in that it is command line driven and also contains all the other
compilers which is very cool. Bloodshed is different in that it does have
the GUI style interface. It also has the color coded editor built in which I
find handy when programming for finding errors and also contains the match
the brackets utility (not sure what to call that) for when you for get to
close a function. I would place bloodshed seems to be if mingw and visual
c++ had a love child.

	Or did I miss the GUI for mingw, please let me know if I did.

Michael A. Turner
Systems Engineer
WHRO
michael.turner at whro.org