[geeks] OW.

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Fri Mar 8 08:25:36 CST 2002

On Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 12:30:57AM -0600, Geek wrote:

> > After all, it *was* Jesus who turned water into wine.  Drink up!
>
> As I was told when I questioned that, I was told simply that where
> and when he did that, they couldn;t drink the water. Thus, wine was
> the only way to avoid dehydration. Not my point, just a quote.

If that was the only reason for drinking wine, then why wouldn't Jesus have
just purified the water?

Arguments like that (and I realize that you are just passing on someone elses
for interests sake) really annoy me.  Drinking wine is a quite persistant
theme in the old and new testments, and what it does say is not to be drunken
or let your mind be clouded if you have important things to do.

--
Joshua D. Boyd