[geeks] For Dave M - Fscking Suits

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Mar 7 20:17:19 CST 2002

On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 09:12:35PM -0500, Rick McMullen wrote:
> Oh, and we upgraded to 24 of the 32 processor Wildfire Clusters just in
> time for the Q to commit Alpha-cide.  Great visionaries in our IT
> department.

We delayed upgrading our Alpha boxes JUST LONG ENOUGH to see the press
release; within five minutes we were on the phone to our DECpaq sales droid.

Now, we're in the process of moving all our stuff from Alpha to Sun/Solaris.

(apparently the MAINTENANCE COSTS ALONE on *ONE* of the big alphaserver
boxes was more, per month, than my *salary*... one of the reasons for moving
stuff to Sun is that we have TONS of Sun spare parts and machines to cannibalize
if something dies..)

Hopefully I'll be able to scrounge some Storageworks stuff in the process.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net