[geeks] For Dave M - Fscking Suits

Rick McMullen rbmcmjr at adelphia.net
Thu Mar 7 20:12:35 CST 2002

On Thursday 07 March 2002 07:57 pm, you wrote:

>   More and more "NT to Unix migration" services are popping up all
> over the place.  The world is starting to buy a clue.  Very slowly,
> but it *IS* happening.  That means in about fifteen years, colleges
> will probably start to buy a clue as well.

Unfortunately, my job is transitioning us from dual processor Octane2
to P4/WIN2K because "It's the Right Thing To Do" since SGI is so
clearly going out of business (the sarcasm is mine).

"We must all use the same resources", so those of us doing Monte Carlo
neutron transport modeling and 3D reactor kinetics-coupled CFD will
just have to make do with wintel because the administrative staff can't
figure out how to do anything unless they can have the 14,000 different
fonts and clip-art that Word uses.

Oh, and we upgraded to 24 of the 32 processor Wildfire Clusters just in
time for the Q to commit Alpha-cide.  Great visionaries in our IT
department.
--
Rick McMullen