[geeks] For Dave M - Fscking Suits

Michael A. Turner mturner at whro.org
Thu Mar 7 06:34:42 CST 2002

	Maybe I have a bad view of web development. I guess I have met to
many ECPI and such hacks that took 4 months of web design classes who think
they are real programmers because they figured out how to change the
background colors on a web page. I have no tolerance/respect for those
people, especially since they all seem to have an attitude. I consider them
separate from the truly talented people who can create something new on the
web, people who have the artistic ability to create things in flash or add
some functionality that is cool. I can create a web page myself, the code is
easy. Making it look good is another feat in itself.
	ODU has a very large class base for as small of a university as it
is (6000 some students). They have a well regarded medical branch that
funnels people in Eastern Virginia Medical School. Something to do with
getting cadavers for undergraduates. A teacher tried to explain it to a
class I was in but since it was art appreciation and I did not want to be
their overly I don't think I was listening much. Maybe I would be better at
the look and feel of webpages if I had....

Michael A. Turner
Systems Engineer
WHRO
michael.turner at whro.org