[geeks] Is it me, or is this group awfully cheap?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Mar 4 09:59:15 CST 2002

On March 4, Kris Kirby wrote:
> >   I'm not sure this is an example of frugality...I like most (all?) of
> > the people here, and I generally CANNOT STAND "frugal" (or more
> > accurately, "cheap ass") people.
>
> I have a LaserJet III because I was "cheap"... I was also working the

  Does it work?  Does it do the job?  Then use it!

> "move-out" crew at the Huntsville Hamfest, same as I have for the last
> eight or so years. I screwed up last year and lost an 800W UPS because I
> forgot about it, but I did get my 2KW, so I'm still happy.

  There's nothing wrong with recycling and putting stuff to good
use...I believe that replacing something for the sake of replacing it
is bogus...but NOT replacing something that needs replacing due to
excessive cheapness IS bogus, in my opinion.  If you don't have the
money (a situation with which I've become closely acquainted lately)
that's a different story.

      -Dave

--
Dave McGuire