[geeks] Well, even more eBay goodness...

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Tue Jun 4 07:18:10 CDT 2002

I believe it started with "get" as a reference to descendant, as in "beget" or past tense "begat" as in "joe begat sam" which would make it a term similar to "punk" in pre-punk-rock american.  Or like "stupid kid", anyway, I am not sure it is negative or demeaning enough to apply in this case :-)

And Pete, I went and looked at this auction, with all the flashing graphics, and "BUY THIS NoW" in the location field, what were you thinking?!?

Tim