[geeks] questions about remote power control on ebay

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Wed Jul 31 13:37:14 CDT 2002

OK, I was really interested in this item, it looked like a real deal,
until I looked at the pictures of the actual item at the bottom.  The
description definitely does not apply to the item for sale, and in fact
I can not find anything like the item for sale on the manufacturers
website.  I wrote the seller and got back a one word answer, really I
asked him:

>The auction does not state, does this item work?  Is there any
>applicable warranty? and does it come with the necessary passwords?

and he replied:

>WORKING

which left me wondering if that meant it worked, or if he was working
and didn't have time to reply.  Shortly after that I attempted to ask
some more particulars, and have received no response.

If the thing is anything like what it is supposed to be it is still a
steal, and I may try to snipe it anyway, but I was hoping someone who
had worked at a colo or some such could enlighten me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2041911390&rd=1

Tim