[geeks] Why?

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 31 10:36:40 CDT 2002

~ I am familiar with slurry tanks, but have only ever seen them on
~ farms. And they get emptied by tanker and spread on fields...
~
~ I was covered in slurry one day by a dead hydraulic valve.
~
~ Poo.

Eeew.

I've seen cowpoop collection systems on farms in Indiana. In fact I was
amused that a boy on the farm was excited to show me the system. I was
silently thinking that if *I* had 10,000 gallons of shit in *my* backyard
I'd be pretty upset about it. They pumped the slurry under the fields
automatically. Is this what you mean by slurry tank?

At my Pennsylvania house I'm having a bad shituation. The house uses an
outdated system that plumbs poowater into a burried tank and the tank is
allowed to overflow through a pipe and into a ditch (the solids are expected
to settle and decompose). The system works well and the ditch never got
stanky, but the town+bank wants a new system installed. I'm basicaly screwed
as this makes the house worth nothing.

Then there's cesspools. dig a hole, line it with cement blocks laid on their
sides without mortar, and plumb poowater into it. These are illegal
everywhere and don't work for very long before the dirt gets packed and
won't drain.