[geeks] Go Apple....

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Tue Jul 30 18:52:54 CDT 2002

[ On Tuesday, July 30, 2002 at 11:07:41 (+0100), David Cantrell wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [geeks] Go Apple....
>
> When I saw Damian give his talk on SelfGOL, I applauded with the rest of
> the audience, because he gave a damned fine, jolly amusing talk.  I did
> not applaud SelfGOL.  Damian himself doesn't applaud it.  In fact, right
> at the start of the talk he says that this is not how to program.

Like I said, you obviously haven't heard the "extreme programming" version.

>  Perhaps
> you should pay more attention.

I did pay attention, and in particular I paid very close attention to
the crowd and their reactions, and I talked to lots of those who were
perl programmers afterwards.  Almost unanimously they all said they'd
learned new and valuable programming tricks that they would be using in
their code in the future.

I concede that perl does have one reason to exist:  to satisfy the
unnatural desires of all those who like to use such horridly designed
(or not designed, as the case may be) languages such as perl.

--
								Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098;            <g.a.woods at ieee.org>;           <woods at robohack.ca>