[geeks] Go Apple....

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Mon Jul 29 16:59:30 CDT 2002

[ On Monday, July 29, 2002 at 15:59:48 (+0100), David Cantrell wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [geeks] Go Apple....
>
> Cite, please.

ancient usenet postings....

but isn't it obvious?  read some of Wall's own perl code for goodness sake!

> So what?  SelfGOL was specifically intended to be awful.  To use that as
> an example of why perl is bad is foolish at best.

then I guess you haven't actually heard the "extreme programming"
version of the talk....

Sane people might use such an example of how not to write Perl code, but
Perl programmers use it for ideas and insight into the language and
Conway himself is extremely proud of the result and the fact that he has
become such a master of the language that he could code it in 4-5 hours.

> > Perl is a _bad_ language, from start to finish.  Yes, people can, with
> > care, write good code using it, but that's the exception, not the rule.
>
> People can, with care, write good code in C, but that also is the exception,
> not the rule.  What's your point?

apples and apples -- they're obviously alike in that respect, but then
again I didn't make any claims about C either.  what's _your_ point?

--
								Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098;            <g.a.woods at ieee.org>;           <woods at robohack.ca>