[geeks] House with cheap electric

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 29 09:18:15 CDT 2002

~ I have to say, while I would love to have a log cabin on a navigable
~ river in the Pacific Northwest as a retreat or retirement home, the
~ daily commute to the city to work would probably make it very
~ inconvenient.
~
~ Besides, I'm only paying 4.6/kwh in the city now.

It was remote (1 hour to a major city). But I prefer remote. And in my
dreams I will someday be gainfully UNemployed and not worry about commuting.

Whatever happened to the telecommuting revolution that was supposed to
happen? I telecommuted for 3 months once, it was heaven.