[geeks] grrrr

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Jul 26 22:14:14 CDT 2002

On July 26, Kris Kirby wrote:
> yeah, I found his angle -- he won't let me go around him to get them, but
> he wants something for his time. He doesn't realize that the machines'
> value is *very* dependent on what it has in it and on it and he doesn't
> know how to look for that -- hell, even I don't.
>
> Quote: "You can't miss what you never had." "If they are destined for the
> scrap heap, why not let them go?"
>
> You know, everytime he comes up with something, I have yet to see anything
> of it. Those 12 octanes haven't shown up either.
>
> And I really don't feel like making it my one man mission to comb the city
> in search of hardware. Hardware that people think is either worth much
> more than it is or worth nothing at all. Is it a fucking crime to want to
> have a box that cost $18,000 six years ago just because it's pretty? Just
> because you always wanted one but couldn't afford it?

  Hell, man...back in the days when I could afford to put ANY machine I
wanted on my desk, I used one of those machines.  Made a comfy living
with it.  There's nothing wrong with wanting something that's not the
absolute latest & greatest.

> But NO.... I must be a collector -- and collectors pay top dollar...
>
> no, I don't get depressed ... but I do get pretty fucking steamed...

  Sounds lke it's time to beat the shit out of this guy.  Seriously.

    -Dave