[geeks] Another Reason NOT TO BUY AN APPLE from the Applestore

Kevin Lee kevin at c0rp.com
Wed Jul 24 17:23:10 CDT 2002

I registered my company details with the Applestore via their website
and provided my VAT/TAX NUMBER. That way they will not charge me
the TAXES.

So they confirm my order for my new Emac today with the 16% TAX ON IT.

I phoned and complained to them, and they said sorry 'the applestore always
charges tax on sales, BUT you can claim it back later'

So I promptly told them:

1) Thanks for wasting my time in registering my company with Apple
2) Thanks for NOT EVEN CHECKING MY TAX NUMBER
3) Thanks for wasting even more of my time arguing with you
4) Thanks for wasting my time in filling of STUPID GOVT. forms to get my
TAXES BACK
5) Thanks for taking 5 days to provide this information to me.

After I sent a NASTYGRAM to the Applestore they admitted that they DO NOT
CHECK the TAX NUMBER to see if it is valid and this is why they just go
ahead and
charge the TAX/VAT.

Only Apple....

ps: The only good news is that My Emac arrives in 7 days
time...hopefully.......
pps: The only reason I bought from the applestore is that it comes with 1
year APPLECARE
automatically so if you have a problem with it, it goes directly back to
apple. No dealing with
dumb dealers.