[geeks] fw

Shawn Wallbridge swallbridge at franticfilms.com
Wed Jul 24 16:44:04 CDT 2002

alex at r2e.lt wrote:

>I know sparc is good but it is expensive and
>question is not about hardware.
>
>What about OpenBSD, I dont think the same about OpenBSD
>Q: Why ?
>A: www.openbsd.org/smp.html
>
>Best regards,
>Alex

But you originally said limited budget. That to me immediately ruled out
SMP SPARC.

I handle 100 HEAVY users on a POS Dell PII 400 without breaking a sweat
(it also does IPSEC VPN for one office of 10 in Vancouver and between
2-4 home users and soon another office in LA). I am sure I could replace
it with my 250MHz U30 without anyone noticing.

I would _really_ like SMP on OpenBSD, but not having it doesn't rule it
out for me.

shawn