[geeks] fw

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Jul 24 16:25:44 CDT 2002

On July 25, alex at r2e.lt wrote:
> I know sparc is good but it is expensive and

  That is a myth.  You can do all the firewalling you want on a 100Mbit
network with less than $300 (a guess) of SPARC hardware.

> What about OpenBSD, I dont think the same about OpenBSD

  I don't either; I consider it to be a politically-oriented knockoff.
But that war has been hashed out in this forum time and time again.
Let it suffice to say that OpenBSD can do this job quite nicely, while
gettinga LOT of performance out of affordable hardware that would (in
a Windows context) otherwise be worth less than trash.

      -Dave