[geeks] whoa...dow?

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Wed Jul 24 16:07:04 CDT 2002

[ On Wednesday, July 24, 2002 at 16:54:55 (-0400), Dave McGuire wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [geeks] whoa...dow?
>
>   "John Rigas, the former head of Adelphia Communications, and two of
> his sons were freed on $10 million bail each Wednesday after being
> arrested earlier in the day on charges they looted the cable company
> of hundreds of millions of dollars to pay for luxury condos, a golf
> course, and to cover personal investment losses."
> "They each face up to 100 years in prison and millions of dollars in
> fines if convicted on all counts."
>
>   http://money.cnn.com/2002/07/24/news/rigas/index.htm

Cool.

Too bad we didn't do that to the Ontario Hydro suits who apparently did
very much the same thing....  (though maybe not quite as lavishly, and
supposedly one of them paid some back before being fired....)

--
								Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098;            <g.a.woods at ieee.org>;           <woods at robohack.ca>