[geeks] whoa...dow?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Jul 24 15:54:55 CDT 2002

On July 24, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> >   Wow...what's up with the Dow?!
>
> I've decided to ignore the stock market (again), but with a vengance....
> I.e. avoid anything and everything that even remotely "abuses" it.....

  The DJIA closed up by almost 500 points.

> >   Also...did you guys hear about Adelphia Comm.'s suits getting hauled
> > off in handcuffs? :-)
>
> Nope, missed that -- what's up?

  "John Rigas, the former head of Adelphia Communications, and two of
his sons were freed on $10 million bail each Wednesday after being
arrested earlier in the day on charges they looted the cable company
of hundreds of millions of dollars to pay for luxury condos, a golf
course, and to cover personal investment losses."
"They each face up to 100 years in prison and millions of dollars in
fines if convicted on all counts."

  http://money.cnn.com/2002/07/24/news/rigas/index.htm

      -Dave