[geeks] Stupid recording engineers

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Wed Jul 24 09:06:03 CDT 2002

[ On Tuesday, July 23, 2002 at 16:33:44 (-0400), Joshua D Boyd wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [geeks] Stupid recording engineers
>
> Many sound reproduction systems are mono for ease of running them.  If
> I took this CD to church and played it there, it would sound awefull
> despite having a rather nice sound system.

If your "rather nice" sound system is mono-only then that's your
problem, not the problem of the recording engineer producing stereo
media!  Duh.

Get a proper mixer and mix your left & right channels for your "rather
nice" mono-only sound system!

> If I wanted to license this song to use on a DVD or video tape, it
> would need to be remastered first because the majority of people are
> still using either mono TVs or mono VCRs.

Uh huh.  Or you mix the channels yourself.  Whatever.  And the problem is?

--
								Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098;            <g.a.woods at ieee.org>;           <woods at robohack.ca>