[geeks] HIPPI switch on ebay

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue Jul 23 15:59:46 CDT 2002

On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 04:43:49PM -0400, nick at snowman.net wrote:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2040105440
> I know there are a few of you still running HIPPI, and this (to my
> totally-hippi-clueless) eye looks like a hell of a deal.  Could anyone
> explain the quirks of hippi?  It is used like a network (from what I've
> seen) but dosen't appear to be implemented like one.

Still running hippi?  I think that with the exception of maybe two
people [1], we are still not yet running hippi.  That stuff's
expensive for the most.  And it is still darn current.  Highend places
are working at rolling out newer and faster versions of the same HIPPI
standard.

--
Joshua D. Boyd

[1] I seem to recal Sridhar saying something about having it between
an IBM and Onyx, and maybe Francisco said something once, not sure.