[geeks] Silicon Graphics 4d/480VGX (for trade!)

Ethan telmnstr at 757.org
Mon Jul 22 19:02:19 CDT 2002

Hey kids...

 I have a Silicon Graphics 4d/480VGX. I bought it a while ago when I lived
with my parents. It was my second SGI. It has served me well for the
period of time I was playing with it.

 But it has been neglected. It just sits in the garage unused. All 8
roaring 40mhz R3000 CPUs idle. No power hooked up, no OS nearby.

 A local guy was going to take it, but got orders to move. So once again
it is availible. The VGX set is 100% full (I just need to find the front
bus connector, it is somewhere in the garage). She ran the last time I ran
her.

220 volt, 30 amp circuit required.

It is located in Virginia Beach Virginia.
It can be moved in a full size pickup truck (laying on its side).

I think I might have a keyboard cable to hook it to a Indigo keyboard.
I might have a monitor (21").
Probably don't have keyboard, mouse and 13w3 cable.

So what am I looking for in trade? Nothing in particular.

but if you have any spare industrial VHS or SVHS (has to be stereo)
VCRs... or maybe a spare rackmount UPS.. But if you don't and you want to
give JamesBrown a good home your more than welcome to it.

Don't want to see it on eBay the next day, I could do that.

I'm not giving up on SGI, it is just that as time has gone on, more
machines have rolled in and room is starting to become an issue.

				-- EThan