[geeks] question about audi and jetta seats

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Jul 22 18:14:32 CDT 2002

On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 06:05:02PM -0500, Mike Hebel wrote:

<snip 4 bolt method>

<snip 2bolt/flap method>

> As for doing it - I've seen many people do it on differing vehicles.
> Usually that replace bench seats on older vehicles with buckets.  I
> considered using a pair of Ricaro buckets from a Golf in my '81 Dodge
> 024 before I killed it.  If the bolts don't line up you'll have to weld
> though.
>
> You "might" be able to get a body shop to answer your questions too but
> it depends on how well you know the people there

I don't know anyone who works for a body shop.  I asked my mechanic,
but he just said, that one of his costomers bought a set of 98 jetta
seats to put in an 85 golf, and he never heard how it actually went.

> One more thing:  Measure the total height of the seat for comparison
> with your old one.  One of my friends put a larger seat in a much
> smaller car and was surprised to find that he couldn't put the seat all
> the way vertical because it touched the ceiling! ;-)

Well, I shouldn't have any trouble with that since I'm trying to stick
to something from VW, but I'll keep it in mind.  A bigger problem is
going to be making sure the seat sits low enough for ME to still fit
in the car.

--
Joshua D. Boyd