[geeks] Look Lively!

Mike Nicewonger twmaster at twmaster.com
Sun Jul 21 14:58:46 CDT 2002

http://www.rumrunnerracing.com/feforums/attachment.php?s=&postid=18346

Dave wrote:

>   That kicks all kinds of ass.
>
>   Is anybody doing servo-controlled prop vs. transom angle trim?  I'd
> think that'd be a way to squeak out a couple more knots.  I easily get
> another 8-10 knots on my jetboats by adjusting vertical jet angle.
> The mechanics might be difficult but it'd probably be worth it.

Getting the boat dialed in is the hard part. The next set of adjustments I
need to do is strut depth and prop angle. I am not aware of anybody doing
any servo controlled stuff on this small of a hull. The big killer for us on
E-power is weight. We gotta keep it light light light. There are some units
made by Graupner for their electric outboards that allow for remote trim.
Neat stuff.

--
Mike