[geeks] Look Lively!

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Jul 21 14:47:13 CDT 2002

On July 21, Mike Nicewonger wrote:
> > > http://www.rumrunnerracing.com/feforums/attachment.php?s=&postid=18346
> > >

> > Wow!  That roster tail is pretty high.  What type of engine/motor do you
> run in
> > these things?
> Specs:
>
> Hull is DPI American Dream Hydroplane 22" overall length, Electric motor
> Plettenberg 290/20 4 turn, 8 Sanyo RC-2400 Nicads.
>
> Little booger really moves. In that pic it is running about 35 MPH I have
> done some tuning and am hitting low 40's now.

  That kicks all kinds of ass.

  Is anybody doing servo-controlled prop vs. transom angle trim?  I'd
think that'd be a way to squeak out a couple more knots.  I easily get
another 8-10 knots on my jetboats by adjusting vertical jet angle.
The mechanics might be difficult but it'd probably be worth it.

        -Dave