[geeks] Oh, say it ain't so!

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri Jul 19 14:05:31 CDT 2002

Dave McGuire wrote:

> On July 19, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > >From the SGI Insider email I get.  Didn't they learn anything the last time?
> > At least it Linux instead of Windows NT though...
> >
> > ----------------------------------
> > Company News
> > ----------------------------------
> > 10. SGI Announces Commitment to Deliver Intel Itanium 2 Processor-Based
> >     Systems
>
>   Didn't they learn last time?
>
>   It brings up an interesting question, though.  Was the failure of
> their Intel-based product due Intel, or NT?

Craptacular NT, I'd wager.  I happen to like the machines themselves, but
having NT on them, and being forced to use drivers unavailable anywhere but
from SGI, put me off to owning one (and getting one second hand).  But I might
grab a few examples when they get cheap enough.

I'm interested in what SGI does here though, now that the initial shock has
worn off...
--
Kurt                   "What me look like, ricecake monster?
kurt at k-huhn.com         Me Cookie Monster!  Me need COOKIE!" --Cookie Monster