[geeks] Weeeh

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri Jul 19 13:59:20 CDT 2002

Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 11:28:35AM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > later when I found a perfect 40pt antique solitare (at the suggestion of a
> > jeweler freind).
>
> 40pt?

Diamonds are measured in points and carats. A point is 1/100th of a carat, so
40 points is .4 carats.  It is useful to rememeber that diamonds are *measured*
by weight (carats being the unit of weight) and *graded* by color and clarity.
Most jewelery websites will be able to explain this in better terms than I
can...

--
Kurt                   "What me look like, ricecake monster?
kurt at k-huhn.com         Me Cookie Monster!  Me need COOKIE!" --Cookie Monster