[geeks] Weeeh

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Fri Jul 19 10:00:04 CDT 2002

On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 10:53:28AM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   I'd just hit her with it when it's least expected, maybe at dinner.
> Maximize the surprise.  Assuming, of course, she's not expecting
> it. ;)

I meant for it to be a complete surprise, but I think her mother
leaked it.

>   Yeah, that's it.  Pick her up, give her a dozen long-stem reds, take
> her out to dinner (don't be cheap with that part, though I'm sure you
> wouldn't be) and hit her with it then.  "Oh, by the way, I was
> wondering if you might consider..."

Now, here is an idea I've been considering.  On valentines day, I sent
her a dozen roses (for the first time, I previously had only given
her a single rose at a time).  However, her being in .nz at the time
resulted in her not being able to bring them back.

So, I was thinking, maybe get another dozen roses.  Take them to her
at work (I would of course clear it with her manager first).  Have the
ring tied around them.  Say, I got you some roses to replace the ones
you had to leave in .nz.  She notices the ring tied around them.  Me
on knee.  Oh, and by the way, would you marry me.

I kinda like the idea.  A few people liked the idea, but more are
pushing for the singing under her window one.  I'm not sure I'll be
able to pull it off as smoothly as I'm picturing it, but then, does
anyone?

--
Joshua D. Boyd