[geeks] Wooh - Mac OS X.2

martijn at smartie.xs4all.nl martijn at smartie.xs4all.nl
Fri Jul 19 09:12:20 CDT 2002

> And have you taken a look at MPEG 4?  I haven't seen it myself but the
> graphics guys here are drooling...
> (Quicktime will be one of the first programs to support MPEG 4, which is
>  why I mentioned it).

I saw the Steve Jobs' keynote speach with Quicktime 6 which was as far
as I understand broadcasted in MPEG4. Not to bad quality with relatively
small bandwidth usage. Jobs also demonstrated MPEG4 in his keynote,
but I couldn't see any difference (both movies showed some typical
MPEG distortions...) but i guess that was supposed to be, the
compression with MPEG4 should be better.

I haven't seen the whole keynote speach yet, but the iCal stuff looks
pretty cool to me. And I believe that Jaguar also has some IPv6 support
in it, which I think is great to have.

- Martijn