[geeks] Wooh - Mac OS X.2

Simeon Johnston simeonuj at indivisuallearning.com
Fri Jul 19 08:53:18 CDT 2002

Joshua D Boyd wrote:

>>>I could use a second processor for processing the next frame of video
>>>while the first one finishs up the current frame.
>>>

>>I know this is probably what you mean, but try to think of this in terms
>>of threads, as opposed to in terms of CPUs (that is, let the OS handle CPU
>>affinity).  There's a possibility that Apple might go beyond 2 CPUs
>>sometime this century.
>>

>True.  I was trying to be dramatic.  It's too late at night for me to
>be attempting anything fancy though.

There are at  LEAST quad G4 processors available from different vendors.
:-)
I've seen them from at least 2 vendors (can't remember who though).
Also from the YellowDog people (terrasoft?)
*GVS 9000 2U Dual GHz G4*
and even cooler....
The briQ
http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/products/briQ/

And have you taken a look at MPEG 4?  I haven't seen it myself but the
graphics guys here are drooling...
(Quicktime will be one of the first programs to support MPEG 4, which is
why I mentioned it).

sim