[geeks] Wooh - Mac OS X.2

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Jul 19 01:00:13 CDT 2002

On Fri, 19 Jul 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> I've heard rumors that one of the vendors of MacOS SDI cards was
> thinking of adding Irix and Solaris support.  I wish I could remeber
> which one.

I'd bet on Solaris, since the cards could use the same firmware and would
"just work", so long as you had the right drivers.  I'm not intimately
familiar with the IRIX kernel, but it looks like an utter bitch to write
drivers again, especially if you want them to run on more than one system
architecture.

--
Jonathan Patschke
  "gnu: we aim to fuck up everything with the potential to not suck"