[geeks] Am I getting too old or something.....

Mike Hebel nimitz at owc.net
Thu Jul 18 14:21:27 CDT 2002

Tim H. wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 20:04:51 -0400
> Joshua D Boyd <jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu> wrote:
>

>>Never had the chance to try deer in any form other than boloney.  I
>>wasn't thrilled, but then I'm not thrilled by beef boloney either.
>>
>>--
>>Joshua D. Boyd
>

> The secret to venison is trimming the fat properly while butchering.
> There is nothing better that a nice venison tenderloin, especially if it
> goes in the pan before it has cooled completely.  Well, maybe there are
> better things, but it sure does taste good, and corn fed venison is nice
> and tender too.

I'll second this - I've got several roast and steaks in the freezer
right now that will most likely be grilled sometime soon.  We get them
regularly from my realtives in northern Wisconsin who hunt to add meat
to their fixed-income lifestyle.

I just wish I could figure out how to season it so my wife didn't know
what it was.  (Big "Bambi Syndrome" problem there.)

Mike Hebel