[geeks] How old am I and where do I come from...

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Thu Jul 18 08:51:09 CDT 2002

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 10:51:58AM -0500, Steven Hill wrote:
> I was thinking, maybe we should have a sound off of who we are, and
> how old we are, and where in the world we are... Once and for all!

David Cantrell, born 1973-11-28, London.  Parents moved to Bexhill,
E. Sussex, England when I was a baby, and I grew up there and at boarding
schools in Llandaff, Wales and Lancing, W. Sussex.  Studied Manufacturing
Engineering at Brunel University for two years before dropping out.  Currently
work for BBC Internet Services.  Officially I'm a project mangler, but in
reality I'm more like what would be a pre-sales tech consultant in a proper
commercial company.  Now living in south London.  Into role-playing games,
board games, brew my own beer, rock climbing and boxing.  Wish I could
still play rugby.

In previous lives I've been a gardener, bus conductor, programmer, sysadmin
and security consultant.  I'm looking for work right now, preferably some
combination of the last three.  Sometimes I want to just jack it all in and
become a trucker.

  This is nice.  Any idea what body-part it is?