[geeks] Am I getting too old or something.....

Dave Kimmel crisco_kid at shaw.ca
Thu Jul 18 00:36:10 CDT 2002

On Tue, 16 Jul 2002, Amy wrote:

> That is 98% of learning unix. You will fuck up and you do learn how to fix
> it. It is about the only way. I guarantee if you ask anyone on this list,
> they'll agree that they're still fuckin' up and still fixing, even after
> decades or more of using it. hell, Bill fucked up ohno last night. He
> fixed it, life goes on. You can't break the *machine*...always remember
> that.

When I first installed Linux, I read some HOWTO or README or something
that said something along the lines of "You will make mistakes, you will
mess something up, so be prepared to reinstall".  That was really good
advice then and is really good advice now.

I think the only OS that I haven't screwed up and reinstalled is PalmOS,
but I don't think that counts for this discussion...

-- Dave Kimmel
   crisco_kid at shaw.ca