[geeks] Am I getting too old or something.....

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Tue Jul 16 20:52:31 CDT 2002

On Tue, 16 Jul 2002, Amy wrote:
> That is 98% of learning unix. You will fuck up and you do learn how to fix
> it. It is about the only way. I guarantee if you ask anyone on this list,
> they'll agree that they're still fuckin' up and still fixing, even after
> decades or more of using it. hell, Bill fucked up ohno last night. He
> fixed it, life goes on. You can't break the *machine*...always remember
> that.

Also, a Windows fuckup will mean reinstalling and probably having to wipe
the drive as well as other Not Fun things. Most UNIX software doesn't have
these issues; you simply bring the machine to single user, deal with and

Worst of worst, you can pull from backup tapes or reinstall. But if you've
done this a few times, it's just an inconvience.

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR  <kris at nospam.catonic.net>  TGIFreeBSD IM: 'KrisBSD'
"Everytime my faith in humanity has been tested...humanity has failed."