[geeks] Ultra2 + Sound

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue Jul 16 23:00:25 CDT 2002

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 10:41:24PM -0400, mattyml at daemons.net wrote:
> has anyone found a way to hookup speakers to an Ultra2? I am
> curious if any sound board exists for these boxes. I would like
> to use my Altec Lansing speakers if possible.
>
> Anyone gotten anything to work?

I believe there was an edition of the SB16 or AWE32 make for SBus, but
that's pretty much all I've ever heard of.

Now, if it was any of the PCI UltraSparcs, things would be different.
In addition to a whole slew of possibilities (any PCI card OSS
supports seems possible), the RME Hammerfall cards are officially
supported under Solaris.

I keep thinking it is about time for an affordable SCSI audio adaptor
(playback only, record not needed), but haven't ever actually tried to
find what it would take to manufactor such a low demand widget.

--
Joshua D. Boyd