[geeks] Am I getting too old or something.....

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue Jul 16 16:36:19 CDT 2002

> What do you mean by easy?  I didn't think that NewTek still sold it,
> and I don't often see it on ebay.

Easy, as in: install it from the HotMix-19 CD, open up the executables in a hex
editor and edit about half a dozen bytes (total between the compositor and the
modeler), and start it up.  there's also a shell script lying around somwhere
that uses patch to do it for you.

> What are you trying to model, and how are you trying to do so?  In my
> experience, metanurbs aren't so good (I like them in theory, but I
> always had trouble making them behave), but everything else is pretty
> sharp.

I was trained long ago on CAD systems, and I usually do industrial-style
modeling.  Architectural elements, engineering assemblies, furniture, and most
recently some tube metal frameworks.

I gave up on using Lightwave - firstly it's not exactly legal, secondly it's
not very good for what I want it to do.

--
Kurt                   "What me look like, ricecake monster?
kurt at k-huhn.com         Me Cookie Monster!  Me need COOKIE!" --Cookie Monster