[geeks] How old am I and where do I come from...

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Jul 16 14:41:47 CDT 2002

On July 16, Bill Bradford wrote:
> >   Calculators are cheap.  WorldCom's people missed high school
> > MORALS.  They didn't fuck up...they were THEIVES.
>
> I have a feeling people in Accounting were doing what some Suit (tm)
> told them to do.  "Do this, or find another job."

  Probably.

  I like what Greenspan said today, when speaking of CEOs and scandals:

  "Although we may not be able to change the character of corporate
officers, we can change behavior through incentives and
penalties. That, in my judgment, could dramatically improve the state
of corporate governance."

  As I paraphrased on another list earlier:

  "These suits will always be crooks, but we can either bribe them into
behaving or beat their sleazy asses when they get caught raping
companies.  That, in my judgment, could dramatically improve the state
of corporate governance."

       -Dave