[geeks] How old am I and where do I come from...

James Sharp jsharp at psychoses.org
Tue Jul 16 12:39:01 CDT 2002

On Tue, 16 Jul 2002, Steven Hill wrote:

> I was thinking, maybe we should have a sound off of who we are, and
> how old we are, and where in the world we are... Once and for all!
>
> Since there are so many baby who are we threads, let's get this done
> once and for all!

James Sharp - Born 11/26/74.  Spent the first part of my life in San
Antonio, TX being a Windoze Support Weenie in one form or another.  Then I
moved to Laurel, MD in late 1998 to work for Cidera and where I was shown
that Real Computers(tm) don't run Windows and don't use segmented
addressing.

Worked at Cidera for 3 1/2 years, starting from bottom end NOC weenie
progressing through (and surviving) a bout with attempting to program
NetCool, and then ending up as one of the last 4 people at Cidera.

Somewhere in there, I met Jennifer online and after a few months of dating
online, she moved up to Maryland.  We got married on March 29, 2002.

Then Cidera decided that my services were no longer needed (I have my
reasons why I think that decision was made...but this is an archived list,
so I'm keeping quiet).  They turned me loose with a severance and I
migrated back to Texas with my wife.

I'm now in the process of trying to start my own business doing telephony
consulting and sales of CTI equipment.

 - James

--
"You're gonna have to key the mic, I can't see you when you nod your head" - Unknown ATC controller