[geeks] How old am I and where do I come from...

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Jul 16 11:34:59 CDT 2002

On July 16, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> > in St. Petersburg, Florida with my cat Ophelia.  I work in my home
> > lab, head of engineering for Tampa, FL startup QYX Learning,
> > Inc. (http://www.qyx.com), doing embedded systems development for the
> > K-12 education automation industry.  Single and hating it.
>
> Woah.   What happened to the video survailence stuff.  I didn't
> realize that you current work was completely different.

  The video project is done (well, as "done" as a piece of software
gets) and pretty much ready to sell, but I haven't the time to make
that happen.

> Education though.  That's a pretty interesting field to be in.
> Instead of only hacking computers, one also gets to try hacking young
> minds.  I'm guessing that you are doing the hardware though.

  Hardware, firmware, and some of the software that runs on the host
computers.  Sridhar is doing the bulk of the latter, though.  I'm also
managing te tech people, if you can call my very hands-off management
style "management". :)

       -Dave