[geeks] digicam envy

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Jul 15 20:19:59 CDT 2002

On July 15, Tim H. wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Jul 2002 11:36:19 -0400
> However, if you get in an ambitious mood, I know where you can get 10K
> motorized slide pots so you could make it remote controlled :-) Or dual
> 10k audio taper so you could use 1 slider for two channels. hmmm, you
> have me thinking, I have been not building a mixer for my computer room
> for a couple years now.

  I missed the first part of this thread, but I'd be hard-pressed to
come up with any application requiring motorized pots that wouldn't be
better served with digital pots.  The more modern ones even switch
their resistor ladder networks at zero-crossings to eliminate (or at
least significantly reduce) zipper noise.

        -Dave