[geeks] digicam envy

s at avoidant.org s at avoidant.org
Mon Jul 15 12:08:29 CDT 2002

Bill Bradford wrote:

> Lets see you move a SCSI CD-RW between two machines (to one, and back
> again) and be able to *use* it on those machines, without having to
> reboot either box.. 8-)

Um, not as hard as you might think. Assuming both machines know about
the device (whether it's present at the moment or not), there's
absolutely no reason you can't remove it from one, add it to the other,
rescan the scsi bus and go. I do it all the time.

It's especially easy if it's in an external enclosure like your firewire
devices.

---sambo