[geeks] digicam envy

robert brooke gravitt brooke at gravitt.org
Mon Jul 15 10:20:00 CDT 2002

> I've got about two hours of clips so far (about 10 CDs worth of Quicktime;
> at one point about 40G worth of DV-quality captures on HD)...

Me too. My wedding & various other sundry events captured on DV tape.
Connect to Mac, open iMovie/FCP, import. Blam!  Oh, did I mention I have a
FireWire RAID and & external FireWire 24x Burner on the same channel?
I don't have any performance problems with FireWire/iLink/1394.

> Maybe not reliably with a *PC*.  My Mac handles it JUST FINE.

Yeah. What he said. I made my first DVD with iDVD after importing a gaggle
of DV.
It Just Works.