[geeks] digicam envy

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Jul 15 10:13:23 CDT 2002

On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 03:06:15PM +0000, Kris Kirby wrote:

> these were all custom-built consoles for a specific tour or two. iirc,
> they usually got broke into halves and sold to mix-down studios.

Doesn't surprise me.

On the topic of sound gear, I want to know why I can't find much in
the way of simple stereo mixers (meaning each chanel is stereo, rather
than that each chanel can be panned left and right).  The only thing I
can find is the Nady MM-4.  What I want it for is to take the audio
from a number of devices (1 mac, 1 win9x machine, 1 linux machine, 1
playstation), and mix it together before sending to 1 set of
speakers.  I mean, surely I can't be the only one who thinks it would
be nice to have one nice a speakers that everything uses, versus 1
nice set of speakers, and 3 pairs of crap?  Something simple like 8
RCA inputs and 2 rca outputs, 9 sliders, a headphone jack and volume
control, and a line out mute button are all I really need.

--
Joshua D. Boyd