[geeks] RE: [rescue] OT: ADD - MOVING to geeks

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Wed Jul 10 15:30:21 CDT 2002

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:

> What would being mexican have to do with it?

> It has everything to do with *where* you live.

> I cant think of a single home in our neighborhood that would sell for
> *less* than $125-150K right now.  most of these homes are around 30-35
> years old.  I bought mine for $92K three years ago, and its probably worth
> $160K now.

Definitely.  I grew up in Westboro, MA... and it was the "up and coming"
suburb of Boston...  I worked for a Real Estate place (basically data
entry) in high school and the houses started at $300K.  You could get
a tar paper shack for $80K (slight exaggeration, but not by much).

I'm in Rochester, NY now, and a co-worker just built a house for $150K
that puts those $300K homes to shame.

--Kurt