[geeks] RE: [rescue] OT: ADD - MOVING to geeks

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Jul 10 15:16:05 CDT 2002

On July 10, Bill Bradford wrote:
> > It does if you are a mexican, I would imagine.
>
> What would being mexican have to do with it?
>
> It has everything to do with *where* you live.

  It certainly does.

> I cant think of a single home in our neighborhood that would sell for
> *less* than $125-150K right now.  most of these homes are around 30-35
> years old.  I bought mine for $92K three years ago, and its probably worth
> $160K now.

  My place in Laurel was pretty nice.  It was about $225K, complete with
bullets flying overhead, busybody lawn-nazi neighbors, and "WHITE
MUTHA FUCKA!" issues.  By contrast, my place in FL $97K (granted it's
smaller, about 2/3 the size), three miles from several different
beaches, and in a neighborhood where locking the front door when you
leave the house is optional.

  I will never live in the DC area again.  Ever.  Staying there as
long as I did was one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made.

        -Dave