[geeks] Re: RE: [rescue] OT: ADD - MOVING to geeks

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Wed Jul 10 14:49:04 CDT 2002

On Wednesday, July 10, 2002, at 03:34 PM, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 06:52:02PM +0000, Kris Kirby wrote:
>> wat? it *melted*? holy crap...
>
> The little plastic "push to prime" bulb.. basically disintegrated.

You could probably just cover the entire area with little disk of metal
and a gas-tolerant rubber grommet... then just use a few extra pulls on
the mower to prime it manually.  Most early mowers I had had no priming
bulb at all (25 year old Toro).... you just used elbow grease and choke.

Of course we graduated later to the aluminum deck 4 stroke hondas...
beautiful things... quiet.... blade-clutch and self-propel... Sort of
like if Sun made lawn mowers.  $600 or so.

Andrew