[geeks] Sparc simulator

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed Jul 10 10:43:54 CDT 2002

SimISC.  Anyone ever heard of it before?  I just came across it.  It
simulates a Sparcv8 and a SMP SS20 well enough to boot SunOS and
linux.

It appears that it once was free (circa '98) but now is commercial
software but free for acedemics and certain non-profits.

http://www.sics.se/simics/linux/ has an old package with linux already
set up (can't find the license for it),

and www.simics.com has the commercial version.

I see lots of info about writing OSs for a x86 machine, and a little
about doing it for a sparc, but what I really want is info on doing it
for the OF Macs where I can have a sane video adapter (indexed color
cards being classified as insane at this moment).  Oh well.  Have to
run to a meeting now.

--
Joshua D. Boyd