[geeks] digicam envy

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue Jul 9 15:50:37 CDT 2002

On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 04:44:51PM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> >
> > http://www.dynamism.com/cubik/index.shtml
> >

> Hmmm, nice camera - but no flash, no ability to add RAM, no zoom.  All stuff I
> need in my next digicam...

Too bad that little thing can't write it's pictures out to a USB
keychain.  But, small ram doesn't bother me too much.  Neither does no
flash (I hate flash).  I don't know about no zoom though...  The
pictures need to be sharp though, which my camera (with CF slot,
optical zoom, and flash) never manages to do.

Speaking of writing out, a new DV camera, the Canon XL1S allows you to
hook firewire harddrives directly to it, then it will record to them
instead of the DV tapes.

--
Joshua D. Boyd