[geeks] RE: [rescue] OT: ADD - MOVING to geeks

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 8 14:50:12 CDT 2002

~ Prolly. I consider myself under this category. The worst part
~ is when I
~ try to go to bed, my brain downshifts and goes random on
~ me... I'll think
~ of a bazillion things that if I don't write down will
~ probably be lost for
~ a week or forever.

This is the normal operating mode for an ADD'er. We are mono-focused at
best, or completely unfocused and all over the map at any moment. I'll
inject comment into a conversation that leads earthlings to think I either
just walked into the conversation or I am retarded/uninterested. It happens
because I rapidly (instantly really) follow a splinter of the conversation
out to its logical conclusion in my mind and that will fire some new line of
thought. I find bright people can keep up with my lack of seguay and suddent
leaps of logic. Otherwise when dealing with conversations with earthlings I
find myself quickly tiring as I must constantly track the conversation and
be carefull not to disrupt anybody's line of thought.

Another hallmark of the ADD'er is a lack of short-term memory for anything
uninteresting to them.