[geeks] MS good?!?

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Mon Jul 8 14:44:05 CDT 2002

On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> http://research.microsoft.com/~conal/papers/ppdp00/
>
> We spend so much time bashing MS, but yet they keep putting out nifty
> cool papers.  Now if only we could convince them that .pdfs are cooler
> that .doc files are.

I just wish the HR denizens were that clued, but they can't even be
trusted to open thier own mail. I can offer my resume in a *variety* of
formats from ASCII, to Wordperfect 8, to lyx, LaTeX, postscript, etc. but
what does everyone ask for? Word. I can spend three hours making my resume
look *beautiful* and *perfect*, only to import it into Word and have to do
it all over again. And have it not be as nice...

Heck, even the local UN*X jobs want the resume in DOC format. How obtuse
is that?!